Enjoy natto with our beginner-friendly Natto Recipes! From natto with egg to toast, these 10 easy dishes are perfect for those new to this Japanese superfood!
Looking for various ways to enjoy natto? Whether you're trying natto for the first time or eager to expand your repertoire, these natto recipes are tailored for you. Get ready to savor this Japanese delicacy!
- This recipe is for you if:
- You are a beginner looking to explore natto recipes.
- You want to learn how to eat natto.
- You are looking for easy recipes using natto.
Let's get started!
- A Quick Guide to Japanese Natto
- Easy and Tasty Natto Recipes
- 1. Natto Gohan (Natto Over Rice)
- 2. Natto Chahan
- 3. Natto Rolls (Sushi Rolls)
- 4. Natto Udon Noodle Bowl
- 5. Natto Egg Toast
- 6. Natto Cheese Toast
- 7. Natto Omelet
- 8. Natto Miso Soup
- 9. Hiyayakko with Natto
- 10. Natto Mochi
- 30 More Natto Recipe Ideas!
- Thanks For Stopping By!
- 📖 Recipe
- 💬 Comments
A Quick Guide to Japanese Natto
Natto is a traditional Japanese food made from fermented soybeans. It's known for being both healthy and a popular choice for breakfast in Japan. When you stay at a traditional Japanese hotel, you'll often find Natto on the breakfast menu.
To learn more about this unique food, you can explore these articles:
- What is Natto? A Quick Guide To Japanese Superfood.
- What Does Natto Taste Like? Tips for Enhancing its Taste
- How to Eat Natto For Beginners
Easy and Tasty Natto Recipes
Natto goes well with carbs such as rice and bread or noodles. You can eat it straight from the package (I often do), but cooking with other ingredients makes for an even better experience.
Check out these easy and tasty natto recipes!
1. Natto Gohan (Natto Over Rice)
Natto Rice, or Natto Gohan, is the fundamental way to eat Natto! It's a quick, easy, healthy, and nutrient-rich breakfast (We eat it almost every day!). Let's learn how you can prepare it with eight topping ideas!
Make this recipe: Natto Rice
2. Natto Chahan
If you love fried rice and Natto, try this Natto Chahan! It's a great way to enjoy Natto and rice and an easy lunch you can make in no time!
Make this recipe: Natto Chahan
3. Natto Rolls (Sushi Rolls)
The Natto Rolls (Sushi Rolls) is a classic Japanese sushi recipe that will have you coming back again and again. It's perfect for finger foods or packing in your lunchbox to eat on the go!
Make this recipe: Natto Rolls
4. Natto Udon Noodle Bowl
Natto, udon noodles, and egg combine to make a wholesome meal in this delicious bowl. Try the easy-to-follow Natto Udon Noodle Bowl for a delightful taste of something new!
Make this recipe: Natto Udon Noodle Bowl
5. Natto Egg Toast
This Natto Egg Toast is a quick and tasty breakfast that is great for your gut health. If you want a quick natto recipe, try this one!
Make this recipe: Natto Egg Toast
6. Natto Cheese Toast
Natto Cheese Toast is a quick and easy breakfast full of flavor. To make it, place Natto and cheese with some stir-fried cabbage onto one slice of bread and toast in your oven until golden brown!
Make this recipe: Natto Cheese Toast
7. Natto Omelet
This Natto Omelet is packed with soybeans and rich in nutrients. If you don't know what to do with Natto, try this recipe -- it's an easy but tasty main dish!
Make this recipe: Natto Omelet
8. Natto Miso Soup
If you love Natto but are not too fond of its stick-to-your-mouth texture, then this Natto Miso Soup will be perfect! Let's learn how to make it!
Make this recipe: Natto Miso Soup
9. Hiyayakko with Natto
Hiyayakko is a Japanese chilled tofu dish. Customize it with your natto toppings and prepare it in just 5 minutes!
Make this recipe: Hiyayakko with Natto
10. Natto Mochi
If you enjoy Japanese mochi rice cake, try this Natto Mochi - made with just two ingredients, and it offers a unique combination of savory and sweet flavors!
Make this recipe: Natto Mochi
30 More Natto Recipe Ideas!
I'm not done yet! I have additional natto recipes to share with you! Here are 30 natto recipe ideas that make incorporating this superfood into your meals both simple and enjoyable!
Thanks For Stopping By!
If you have any questions, please comment in the section below!
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog♡! If you've tried this recipe (or any other recipe on the blog), please give it a star rating below!
Also, feel free to leave comments if you have any questions. I love hearing from you!
Chef JA Cooks is a Japanese food blog that shares healthy and straightforward Japanese home cooking recipes, including vegan and vegetarian. From traditional Japanese recipes to modern recipes with step-by-step instructions.
10 Easy Japanese Natto RecipesPrint Pin Save Saved!
- 1 pack Natto, 50g/1.8oz (use attached sauce and karashi)
- Follow the recipe instructions and enjoy this delicious dish!
- Substitute: If your natto doesn't come with sauce and karashi, you can use soy sauce or make it by mixing soy sauce, dashi (soup stock), and sugar.
- Storage: Keep natto in the fridge or freezer. When eating frozen natto, please leave it in the refrigerator for a half-day to defrost naturally - no microwave oven, as it ruins the taste.
- You can find Natto at Asian grocery stores or Japanese supermarkets. You would find it around the tofu section or frozen section.
- If unsure about the taste, stir it as much as possible to increase the umami (savory) flavor.