This natto omelet is packed with soybeans and rich in nutrients. If you don't know what to do with it, try this recipe -- it's an easy but tasty main dish!
Natto is the perfect way to spice up your diet and maintain good health. This traditional Japanese food has been shown in study after study, that it can increase energy levels all while improving your gut health! A must-try for anyone looking for a healthy meal with high nutritional value.
If you haven't heard of natto, see "how to eat natto" for more details.
While natto may be slimy and gooey on its own, cooking with eggs will fluff the texture up nicely!
- This recipe is for you if:
- You love Japanese natto
- You are looking for natto recipe
- You want to know how to make natto omelet
Let me show you how to make it. If you want to check the recipe, please jump to the recipe card. Let's get cooking!
About This Recipe
- Natto recipe (fermented soybeans)
- Mix natto and egg, and pan-fry
- Cooking time is under 10 minutes
- Easy recipe
Here are the ingredients (amounts are in the recipe card below).
- Natto (Use the attached sauce as well)
- Shredded nori
In Japan, natto is contained in a styrofoam container individually for each serving and comes with natto sauce and karashi (Japanese mustard).
And we use the sauce as well in this recipe.
If you want to learn more about natto, see this recipe: How to eat Japanese Natto(fermented soybeans).
Where to buy natto
If you live in Japan, it's so easy to find natto in a grocery store or convenience store. It is usually placed around the tofu area.
If you live outside of Japan, try to find it in the Japanese grocery store (or Asian grocery store).
If you live in the US, I found this frozen natto in Walmart: Shirakiku mito natto. Please check that out too.
Well, it's time to cook! You can also watch this video.
- Chop scallion into small pieces.
- Beat eggs in a bowl, add natto, natto sauce, and salt.
- Add chopped scallions and shredded nori.
- Pour the egg mixture, cover and cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Fold the egg in half.
- Tweak the shape.
Place it on a plate and top with mayonnaise and chopped scallions. There you go!
It would be a great appetizer, or great to serve with rice and miso soup. I hope you enjoy this nice and fluffy omelet!
Variations of ingredients
You could try adding these ingredients as well.
- Nagaimo (a type of mountain yams)
Thanks For Stopping By
Our favorite natto omelet is the perfect natto recipe for those who love a healthy, protein-packed meal. I hope that you'll like it as much as we do!
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog♡ If you’ve tried this recipe(or any other recipe on the blog), please give it a star rating below!
Also, feel free to leave comments if you have any questions. I love hearing from you!
More Natto Recipes You Might Like
- How to eat Japanese Natto(fermented soybeans)
- Chilled natto udon noodle bowl
- Natto egg toast
- Natto cheese toast
Natto OmeletPrint Pin Rate
- 3 Eggs
- 1 pack Natto, 50g (Use the attached sauce as well)
- 2 Scallions
- 1 tablespoon Shredded nori
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tablespoon Oil, for cooking
- Mayonnaise and scallions for toppings, optional
- Chop scallions: Chop scallion into small pieces.
- Make egg mixture: Beat eggs in a bowl, add natto, natto sauce, chopped scallions, shredded nori, salt, and mix well.
- Pan fry egg: Pour oil in a frying pan over medium heat, slowly pour the egg mixture, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Fold in half: Open the lid, fold the egg in half and tweak the shape. Cook until the egg is cooked through.
- Topping: Place it on a plate and top with mayonnaise and chopped scallions.
- Equipment: Frying pan 20cm/8 inches
- Storage: 3 days in the fridge.
- If your natto doesn't come with the sauce, you can substitute it with soy sauce.
Leave a Reply