Natto, udon noodles, and egg are all combined in this delicious bowl to make a wholesome meal. If you're interested in natto recipes try the easy-to-follow Natto udon noodle bowls for an appetizing taste of something new!
Natto is Japanese traditional food that is fermented soybeans and sticky and slimy. It might look weird but it's well known as a healthy, nutritious food that gives you lots of energy!
This noodle bowl is the ultimate comfort food! The natto together with soft-boiled eggs are just perfect for this, they easily make that smooth creamy sauce on top when you stir them up into your bowl.
- This recipe is for you, if:
- love You Japanese natto
- You love Japanese udon noodles
- You're looking for a natto recipe
- You want to know how to make a natto udon noodle bowl
I will show you how to make it. If you want to check the recipe, please jump to the recipe card. Let's get cooking!
By the way, if you want to know more about natto, check this "How to eat natto"!
About This Recipe
- Japanese natto recipe (fermented soybeans)
- Chilled Udon Noodles
- Easy and quick recipe
Here are the ingredients(amounts are in the recipe card below).
- Udon noodles: Udon is a thick and chewy noodle made from flour. I use frozen udon noodles in this recipe. Frozen ones may only need one minute boiling time, making it quick and easy to use.
- Natto: Use the attached sauce and karashi (Japanese mustard) as well.
- Eggs: We are gonna make soft boiled eggs.
- Mentsuyu (noodle soup): I make it from scratch which is super easy in this recipe but you can also buy it at a store. And mentsuyu is made from dashi which usually contains fish, so if you are vegan/vegetarian, you can substitute it with vegan dashi.
- Toppings: Scallions and shredded nori.
Let me walk you through how to make it. You can also watch this video.
- Chop scallions finely.
- Make soft-boiled eggs.
- Make mentsuyu.
- Boil udon noodles.
- Mix natto and the natto sauce.
- Serve udon noodles with egg and toppings.
Here you go! The udon noodles look so good, doesn't it?!
If you prepare noodles and toppings while making soft-boiled eggs, it will be done in under 10 minutes!
Thanks For Stopping By
This natto udon noodle recipe is so quick and easy, it's perfect for those busy weekday dinners. If you love the taste of natto and udon noodles, then try making your own at home!
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog♡ If you’ve tried this recipe(or any other recipe on the blog), please give it a star rating below!
Also, feel free to leave comments if you have any questions. I love hearing from you!
Chef JA Cooks is a Japanese food blog that shares simple and healthy Japanese home cooking recipes include vegan and vegetarian. From traditional Japanese recipes to modern recipes with step-by-step instructions.
More Natto Recipes You Might Like
Watch how to make itPrint
Natto, udon noodles, and egg, all combined in a bowl make a good meal. If you're interested in natto recipes, this natto udon noodle bowl is easy to start with.
- Chop scallions: Chop scallion into small pieces.
- Make soft-boiled eggs: Boil water in a small pot, turn off the heat, put eggs, and leave for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Make mentsuyu: Put all the mentsuyu ingredients in a pot, bring to a boil, then turn the heat off.
- Boil udon noodles: Boil udon noodles for one minute (if it's frozen udon noodles). Rinse under running water, and drain the water.
- Mix natto: Mix natto, natto sauce, and karashi(Japanese mustard) together.
- Serve: Place udon noodles, natto, scallions, soft boiled egg, shredded nori on a plate, and pour mentsuyu over.
- If your natto doesn't come with the sauce, you can substitute it with soy sauce.
- You can buy mentsuyu at a store.
Keywords: chilled natto udon noodle bowl