The perfect meal for any vegetarian! This easy Vegan Quiche recipe has plenty of healthy vegetables and soy-based protein to make it filling without the meat.
Yes! It is possible to make a delicious quiche without the use of meat or dairy! The crispy crust and creamy tofu filling will have you craving it in seconds!
The traditional quiche recipe calls for heavy cream (or milk) and eggs, which would sometimes make it too rich and have an overly eggy flavor. So I prefer to make a quiche using egg replacers such as tofu which has a more mild flavor instead!
- This recipe is for you if:
- You love tofu.
- You're in search of a vegan recipe for your next party.
- You want to make a quiche with tofu.
OK, let me walk you through the ingredients of this easy vegan quiche.
About This Recipe
- Vegan Quiche Recipe
- Make a vegan pie crust from scratch
- Use a removable bottom pan
- Baking time: 30 minutes
Here are the ingredients (amounts are in the recipe card below).
- Crust: Whole wheat flour, oil, salt, and water. You can substitute whole wheat flour with all-purpose flour.
- Tofu Cream: Tofu, cashew nuts, and salt. Be sure to use firm tofu (momen) and not silken tofu. Press completely to make it firmer.
- Vegetables: Potatoes, shimeji mushrooms, spinach, and cherry tomatoes
Ok, I'm gonna walk you through the process step by step. There are a lot of steps, but trust me, this is an easy recipe! Let's get cooking!
Make the crust
First, preheat the oven to 180C/356F. Also please press the tofu and remove extra water beforehand.
- Put crust ingredients in a bowl and make the dough.
- The dough will look like this.
- Place the dough on a tart pan and spread.
- Make holes in the quiche crust with a fork.
Bake it in the preheated oven at 180C/356F for 10 minutes.
- Cut potatoes into bite-size chunks. Next, remove the bottom of the shimeji mushrooms, and separate them.
- Chop spinach and cut cherry tomatoes into bite-size pieces.
- Steam potatoes and shimeji mushrooms.
- Add spinach and steam.
Bake the quiche
- Put tofu cream ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the tofu mixture to a bowl, add the steamed vegetables, and combine well.
- Add tomatoes and combine.
- Pour the quiche filling onto the crust, and bake at 180C/356F for 30 minutes.
Here you go!
It takes some time and patience, but it's totally worth it! The vegan pie crust is crispy and golden brown. The inside of our eggless quice is incredibly creamy. This is a perfect recipe for a Sunday brunch or a special occasion.
For best results, please try to finish the whole quiche within a day to enjoy the crispy crust and savory flavor. If you have leftovers, store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container and eat them within 2 days.
In this recipe, I used vegetables that are available at the grocery store year-round, but if you use seasonal vegetables, you can make many variations. Here are some other great choices:
- Spring: Asparagus, mung beans, snap peas, and spring onions
- Summer: Eggplants, paprika and zucchini
- Autumn: Kabocha squash (Japanese pumpkin)
🥗 Side Dishes
What dish goes well with vegan tofu quiche? Here are some ideas:
- Chickpea Tomato Soup
- Napa Cabbage Soup
- Vegan Chickpea Salad
- Veggie Quinoa Salad
- Asparagus and Boiled Egg Simple Salad
Thanks for Stopping By!
Even though it requires a lot of steps to make, each step is simple and easy. I hope you will try the recipe.
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog♡ If you’ve tried this recipe (or any other recipe on the blog), please give it a star rating below!
Also, feel free to leave comments if you have any questions. I love hearing from you!
Chef JA Cooks is a Japanese food blog that shares simple and healthy Japanese home cooking recipes including vegan and vegetarian. From traditional Japanese recipes to modern recipes with step-by-step instructions.
More Tofu Recipes You Might Like
- Vegetarian Tofu Hambagu
- Fried Tofu (atsuage) Teriyaki
- Japanese-style Vegan Mapo Tofu
- Japanese Teriyaki Tofu and Mushrooms
Easy Vegan Quiche Recipe With Spinach & TofuPrint Pin Save Saved!
- Tart Pan (9 inches/21cm)
- Food processor
- 1 c & 3Tbsp Whole-wheat flour, 150g/285ml
- 3½ tablespoon Oil, 50g/53ml
- ¼ c Water, 60g/60ml
- pinch of Salt
- 1 Tofu, firm (300g)
- 2 tablespoon Cashew nuts, 30g/27ml
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Potatoes, 300g
- 1 c Shimeji mushrooms, 50g
- 1 c Spinach, 40g
- 5 Cherry tomatoes, 65g
- Preparation: Press tofu to remove extra water, and preheat an oven to 180C/356F.
- Make crust dough: Put crust ingredients in a bowl and mix to make the dough.
- Bake the crust: Place the dough on a tart pan, evenly spread, make holes with a fork on the bottom and bake it for 10 minutes at 180C/356F.
- Cut vegetables: Cut potatoes, spinach, and cherry tomatoes into bite-size. Cut off the bottom of shimeji mushrooms and separate them.
- Steam vegetables: Put potatoes and shimeji mushrooms in a pot and steam for about 7 minutes, and put spinach on top and steam another one minute.
- Tofu cream: Put tofu cream ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Make fillings: Transfer the tofu cream to a bowl, add the steamed vegetables and combine well. Add tomatoes and combine.
- Bake: Fill the fillings evenly onto the crust, and bake for 30 minutes at 180C/356F.
- Substitute: You can substitute whole-wheat flour with all-purpose flour. You can also use other vegetables for the fillings: See "Variations."
- Storage: Please finish it up within the day to enjoy the crispy crust. If you have leftovers, store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container and eat them within 2 days.
- Please see How to press tofu for your reference.