Tofu and miso make the creamiest Vegan Tofu Cream Cheese. You'll be amazed at how simple it is to create such an amazing dip with this simple recipe containing just two ingredients!
Homemade tofu cream cheese is super easy to make! All you have to do is mix firm tofu and miso in a food processor (or high speed blender) until smooth.
Serve as a snack for chilling time or as an appetizer for your house party along with baguettes, crackers, and vegetable sticks. I'm sure everybody will love it!
- This recipe is for you if:
- You love Japanese tofu dish.
- You are looking for vegan cream cheese.
- You want to make a simple appetizzer with tofu.
All right, I'm gonna show you how to make it. If you want to check the recipe, please jump to the recipe card below. Let's get started!
About This Recipe
- Japanese tofu recipe
- Only 2 ingredients
- Vegan cream cheese recipe
- Tofu: I use firm tofu (momen) and press it completely to get rid of the extra water. Please check how to prep tofu it in this post: How To Press Tofu
- Miso: I use aka miso so the dish will be slightly brown because of the color. If you prefer lighter colors, try shiro miso (white miso).
Let me walk you through how to make it. You can also watch this video.
First, press the tofu and remove the extra water. Please refer to "How to Press Tofu".
- Put the pressed tofu in a food processor
- Add miso
- Pulse in the food processor until smooth
- Smooth with no chunks of miso like this
Here you go! Enjoy with vegetable sticks or crackers! If you want to spice up this vegan condiment, try adding fresh herbs, garlic powder, green onions, or olive oil. Feel free to experiment in order to create different flavors!
Store in the refrigerator. Tofu doesn't last long so please eat as soon as possible.
Thanks for Stopping By!
Tofu and miso, this recipe require only these 2 ingredients but the result is a surprisingly creamy tofu cream cheese. It's popular not only among adults but also children!
I hope you will enjoy the recipe.
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog♡ If you’ve tried this recipe(or any other recipe on the blog), please give it a star rating below!
Also, feel free to leave comments if you have any questions. I love hearing from you!
Chef JA Cooks is a Japanese food blog that shares simple and healthy Japanese home cooking recipes including vegan and vegetarian. From traditional Japanese recipes to modern recipes with step-by-step instructions.
More Tofu Recipes You Might Like
- Vegetarian Tofu Hambagu
- Fried Tofu (atsuage) Teriyaki
- Japanese-style Vegan Mapo Tofu
- Japanese Teriyaki Tofu and Mushrooms
- Vegan Tofu Quiche
Watch how to make it
Vegan Tofu Cream CheesePrint Pin Save Saved!
- 300 g Firm tofu
- 2 tablespoon Miso
- Press: Press tofu ultimately to make it firmer (more than 30 minutes)
- Food processor: Put tofu and miso in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Please refer to this recipe: "How to press tofu"
- If you like lighter color, try white miso (shiro miso).