This is an easy and very simple salad just by combining boiled eggs and asparagus. If you can get seasonal sweet and delicious asparagus, this is the best way to enjoy it.
Even though you can buy asparagus at supermarkets all through the year, spring and summer is the best time! It's fresh and so delicious.
In that season, I highly recommend this simple salad.
Simply put boiled eggs on asparagus and top with parmesan and you will have a mouthwatering salad.
- This recipe is for you if:
- You love asparagus
- You want to make a simple salad with asparagus
- You are looking for an easy asparagus recipe
Let me walk you through the ingredients and the instructions. If you just want to check the recipe, jump to the recipe. Let's get started!
About this recipe
- Super simple asparagus salad
- 3 ingredients
- Vegetarian recipe
Here are the ingredients (amounts are in the recipe card below).
- As much you want Parmesan
It also goes well with feta cheese and other cheeses. Asparagus and boiled eggs are not seasoned, so cheese performs like seasoning for this recipe.
Let's go over how to make it. You can also watch this how-to make it video.
- Boil eggs >> Put water and eggs in a pot and boil for 10 minutes on medium heat
- Cool eggs down >> Put the boiled eggs in water with ice and cool it down
- Cut asparagus >> Cut asparagus into bite size
- Boil asparagus >> Put water in a pan and bring to a boil, and boil asparagus for 2 minutes
- Cut boiled eggs >> Peel the egg shell and cut it into quarters
- Serve >> Serve asparagus and boiled eggs on a plate, and top with parmesan
Here you go! This looks so nice, isn't it?
Seasonal asparagus is sweet and tasty without any seasoning so let's eat as it is.
Then if you feel like more taste, season with salt and pepper or pour some creamy dressing or mayonnaise over and enjoy.
Thanks for Stopping By
So how did you like it?
This salad may be too simple but I think it's the best way to enjoy the taste of the season.
I hope you will enjoy the recipe.
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog♡ If you’ve tried this recipe(or any other recipe on the blog), please give it a star rating below!
Also, feel free to leave comments if you have any questions. I love hearing from you!
Chef JA Cooks is a Japanese food blog that shares simple and healthy Japanese home cooking recipes include vegan and vegetarian. From traditional Japanese recipes to modern recipes with step-by-step instructions.
More Asparagus Recipes You Might Like
Simple Asparagus Salad with Boiled EggsPrint Pin Save Saved!
- 5 Asparagus, 100g
- 2 Eggs
- Parmesan As much as you want
- Boiled eggs: Put water and eggs in a pot and boil for 10 minutes on medium heat
- Cool: Put the boiled egg in water with ice and cool it down
- Boil asparagus: Cut asparagus into bite-size pieces and boil for 2 minutes
- Cut boiled eggs: Peel the egg shell and cut it into quarters
- Serve: Serve asparagus and boiled eggs on a plate, and top with parmesan
- The egg shell is easier to peel off by cooling them right away
- Creamy dressing or Italian dressing would go well with this salad