This easy-to-make kabocha squash salad will be ready in 15 minutes! If you're looking for a simple kabocha dish to your menu, this salad is perfect!
Kabocha squash is a fall staple!! This seasonal vegetable is incredibly sweet and rich, which means it's perfect on its own or in this simple salad.
Mash kabocha squash and add boiled eggs to give the salad a chewy texture and season it with mayonnaise dressing. The creamy, rich salad is ready!
- This recipe is for you if:
- You love kabocha squash.
- You want to make kabocha squash salad.
- You are looking for an easy kabocha squash recipe
Let me show you how to make it. If you want to check the recipe right away, please jump to the recipe card. Let's get cooking!
About this recipe
- Kabocha squash salad with boiled eggs
- Homemade mayonnaise dressing
- Easy kabocha squash recipe
- Sweet and creamy
Here are the ingredients (amounts are in the recipe card below).
- Kabocha squash: Choose a kabocha squash that is dark orange and has plump seeds.
- Boiled egg: Boiled on medium heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Dressing: lemon, mayonnaise, yogurt, salt, honey. I use raw lemons, but you can also use bottled lemon juice or vinegar. If you don't have honey, you can substitute it with sugar (or you can omit honey if the kabocha is sweet enough).
Ok, let me walk you through how to make it step by step. You can watch this video as well.
- Cut kabocha, put them on a steamer basket in a pan.
- Pour some water, cover and steam for 10 minutes until tender.
- Mash kabocha using either a masher or fork.
- Add boiled egg.
- Make a dressing by mixing all the ingredients.
- Toss until well mixed.
Here you go! This creamy, and beautiful orange color salad is the great side for your lunch or dinner.
Boiled eggs don't last very long after peeling, so try to eat them by the next day.
What to serve with
If you wonder what to serve with, how about rice and miso soup? Here is one example:
Thanks for Stopping By
This is one of our family's favorite salads in the fall. I hope your family will love it too!
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog♡ If you’ve tried this recipe(or any other recipe on the blog), please give it a star rating below!
Also, feel free to leave comments if you have any questions. I love hearing from you!
More Kabocha Squash Recipes You Might Like
- Kabocha dango
- Veggie Quinoa Salad
- Lotus Root, Pumpkin and Hijiki Salad
- Pumpkin Miso Soup
- Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
Kabocha Squash Salad With EggPrint Pin Rate
- ¼ Kabocha, 250g
- 1 Boiled egg
- 1 teaspoon Lemon
- 2 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Yogurt
- ⅓ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- Steam kabocha: Cut kabocha into small pieces and steam them in a pan for about 10mins until tender.
- Mash kabocha: Place the kabocha in a medium-sized bowl and use either a masher or fork to mash it.
- Add boiled egg: Cut a boiled egg into small pieces and add them to the mashed kabocha.
- Dressing: Make a dressing by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Toss: Add the dressing to the bowl and toss until it is well mixed.
- Equipment: Saucepan (18cm/7 inches), Steamer basket
- Substitute: I use raw lemons, but you can also use bottled lemon juice or vinegar. You can substitute honey with sugar (or you can omit the honey if the kabocha is sweet enough).
- Storage: Boiled eggs don't last very long after peeling, so try to eat them by the next day.
- Kabocha squash can be boiled or heated in the microwave instead of steaming.