This Fig Salad recipe contains only leafy veggies, sweet figs, and salt! With these simple ingredients, you can make a beautiful summer salad in just 5 minutes!
This delicious, simple salad is seasoned with only salt, which brings out the sweetness of the figs and adds umami. You can enjoy it until the end without even needing to add dressing!
It’s so easy to make that you’ll want to make it every day. If you are looking for an easy salad recipe, this is perfect for you!
- This recipe is for you if:
- You love fresh figs.
- You want to make a perfect side salad.
- You are looking for an easy, fresh fig salad recipe
Let me show you how to make it. If you want to check the recipe right away, please click below. Let’s get cooking!
About this recipe
- The most simple fig salad
- Only 3 ingredients
- Easy 5 minute recipe
Here are the ingredients (amounts are in the recipe card below).
- Figs: You can find figs at your local grocery store or farmers market. Be sure to use fresh figs that are red and have a cracked bottom.
- Green leafy vegetables: Arugula, baby spinach, fresh basil, lettuce, other fresh herbs, etc. Pick your favorite one. If the green leafy vegetables are not so fresh, put them in a bowl of water, and let them soak for a while, and they will be lively and crunchy.
- Salt: Use delicious flake sea salt. Maldon Sea Salt is a good one.
Ok, let me walk you through how to make it step by step.
- Cut the figs into a wedge.
- Place green leafy vegetables in a salad bowl or on the plate, then add the figs.
- Add some salt to taste.
You’re done! It’s so easy, isn’t it? The salt brings out all the sweetness from the figs and makes them super tasty. Isn’t it amazing you can make one of the most delicious salads with just a handful of ingredients?
The fig’s smooth skin is not for everyone, so please peel off the single layer if you don’t want to eat it.
This recipe is very simple, so if you want more, try adding one or two other ingredients. Here’s what I like:
- Black Pepper
- Blue Cheese
- Cream cheese
- Feta Cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Tofu and Seaweed
- Pine Nuts
- Red Onions
Thanks for Stopping By!
The time of year for figs is around August-September, so this simple but elegant salad can be consumed only during mid to late summer. Figs are a nutrient-dense food and a good source of both calcium and potassium.
Whether you’re planning a light lunch or a dinner party, this healthy dish is an excellent option as a side dish…so try it out and enjoy it!
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog♡ If you’ve tried this recipe (or any other recipe on the blog), please give it a star rating below!
Also, feel free to leave comments if you have any questions. I love hearing from you!
More Salad Recipes You Might Like
- Lotus Root, Pumpkin and Hijiki Salad
- Kabocha Salad with Egg
- Napa Cabbage Coleslaw
- Soba Noodle Salad
- Tofu and Seaweed Salad
Simple Fig Salad Recipe (Figs & Fresh Greens)Print Pin Save
- 2 Figs
- 200 ml Green leafy vegetables, or as much as you want
- Salt to taste
- Cut the figs into wedges.
- Place green leafy vegetables on the plate and place the figs.
- Add some salt to taste.
- Use fresh figs, which are red, and have a cracked bottom.
- If the green leafy vegetables are not so fresh, put them in a bowl of water, let them soak for a while, and they will be lively and crunchy.
- Use delicious flake sea salt. Maldon Sea Salt is a good one.