This tuna and asparagus pasta is easy and quick. It's great recipe when you want to make a meal quickly for busy weekday dinners
Easy Tuna and Asparagus Pasta. It's just easy and tasty which takes only 15mins to cook. Perfect for busy weekday night meal.
A simple pasta recipe with delicious seasonal asparagus. You can make the sauce while boiling the pasta, stir them together at the end, then it only takes 15 minutes to serve.
Recommend this recipe for
- Someone who wants to try a simple recipe with asparagus
- Someone who wants to make pasta with asparagus
- Someone who is looking for a simple pasta recipe
I like to utilize the taste of the ingredients as much as possible, so the ingredients and seasoning are very simple.
Canned tuna and tomato to add the umami element, let the pasta absorb the salt, and season with salt and pepper.
Let me go over the ingredients and how to make it. I hope you will like the recipe.
Asparagus is great for detox
Asparagus's season is early summer here in Japan. We can find the imported one from oversea all year around but always local produce food is the best.
It is said the nutritional effect of seasonal asparagus is comparable to that of an energy drink. It’s amazing power.
It's because it contains ingredients that are effective in promoting liver function and recovering from fatigue.
Spring is a detox season. During winter, your activity level is low and your metabolism falls, making it easier for waste products to accumulate in your body.
If you feel that you are not feeling well in early spring, it may be because of waste products. The liver works to decompose and purify the accumulated poison.
Eat asparagus, get all the poisons out, and have a healthy and active summer. That sounds great so i will introduce nice, flavorful pasta using plenty of asparagus.
Here are the ingredients.
- Olive Oil
- Dried Red Chill Pepper
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Canned Tuna
- Salt and Pepper
We use extra virgin olive oil.
We use oil-packed chunk tuna so drain the oil before using. If you don't mind including the oil, you can just put it all.
Let's go over how to make it. You can also watch this video.
- Cut ingredients >> Slice garlic, cut cherry tomatoes in half, slice asparagus diagonally, remove seeds of dried red chili pepper and slice it
- Boil pasta >> Put water and salt in a pot and bring to a boil
- Boil pasta >> Put pasta in the pot and cook according to the package
- Make a sauce >> While pasta is cooking, put olive oil, garlic and dried chili pepper in a frying pan and cook on low heat
- Make a sauce >> Once you smell the aroma of garlic, add cherry tomatoes and canned tuna(drain the oil) and cook crushing the tomatoes by tong
- Boil asparagus >> Put asparagus to the pot two minute before the pasta is finished cooking
- Stir >> Transfer cooked pasta, asparagus and pasta water to the frying pan and stir and toss
- Season >> Adjust the taste with salt and pepper
Serve on a plate, and enjoy with your favorite topping such as grated cheese and pepper!
It's a bit spicy, so if you eat with children, try half the portion of chili pepper. If you like spicy food, you can double it.
Thanks for Stopping By
This recipe is so easy and quick, isn't it?
It only takes 15 mins to serve it. It would be great for lunch or dinner when you don't have much time.
I hope you will enjoy the recipe.
Thank you for taking time to read my blog♡ If you’ve tried this recipe(or any other recipe on the blog), please give it a star rating below!
Also feel free to leave comments if you have any questions. I love hearing from you!
Chef JA Cooks is a Japanese food blog which share simple and healthy Japanese home cooking recipes include vegan and vegetarian. From traditional Japanese recipes to modern recipes with step by step instructions.
More Asparagus Recipes You Might Like
Watch how to make it
Easy Tuna and Asparagus PastaPrint Pin Rate
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 bundle Asparagus
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 canned Tuna
- 1 Dried Red Chill Pepper
- 200 g Pasta
- 1-2 teaspoon Salt for boiling pasta
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- ½ cup Pasta Water
- Slice garlic, cut cherry tomatoes in half, slice asparagus diagonally, remove seeds of dried red chill pepper and slice it
- Put water and salt in a pot and bring to a boil
- Put pasta in the pot and cook according to the package
- While pasta is cooking, put olive oil, garlic and dried chill pepper in a frying pan on low heat
- Once you smell the aroma of garlic, add cherry tomatoes and canned tuna(drain the oil)
- Put asparagus to the pot two minute before the pasta is finished cooking
- Transfer cooked pasta, asparagus and pasta water to the frying pan and mix the whole
- Finally, adjust the taste with salt and pepper
- Be careful not to cook the garlic too much as it tastes bitter when it burns
- It's a bit spicy, so if you eat with children, try half the portion of chili pepper. If you like spicy food, you can double it.