This vegan banana cake is fluffy and moist without any eggs or dairy. All you need to do is mix the 7 ingredients, and wait less than 1 hour for your beautiful cake!
This vegan banana cake is so delicious and easy to make that you will never want a store-bought one again!
Even if you're new at baking or never made vegan cakes before - don't worry! This perfect recipe is effortlessly simple, allowing anyone to follow it with ease and joy.
Your loved ones will be equally delighted with their slice of this delicious dessert, as it tastes fantastic even though it's healthier than most cakes available.
- This recipe is for you if:
- You love banana cakes.
- You are looking for an easy banana cake recipe.
- You want to make egg-free and dairy-free banana cake.
Let me walk you through the ingredients and how to make them with step-by-step instructions. Let's get cooking!
About This Recipe
- Easy cake recipe
- Egg-free, dairy-free, vegan cake
- Only 7 ingredients
- The baking time is 35 minutes
Here are the ingredients (amounts are in the recipe card below).
- Bananas: Please use ripe bananas. Do not use overripe bananas but some brown spots are OK.
- Flour: All-purpose flour or cake flour. If you like gluten-free cake, you can substitute it with rice flour.
- Baking Powder: I use aluminum-free baking powder.
- Oil: I usually use taihaku sesame oil (no smell and no color) for baking desserts, but you can use other oil that doesn't have a strong smell or taste.
- Soy Milk: I use plain soy milk (no flavor and no sugar). You can substitute it with other milk, such as almond milk, oat milk, or other non-dairy milk.
- Maple Syrup
- Regular Salt or Sea Salt
Let me walk you through how to make it step by step. You can also watch this video.
First of all, preheat the oven to 180C/356F.
- Cut bananas into 1cm thickness pieces for the topping (we use 9 slices).
- Mash the rest of the bananas in a large bowl.
- Mash bananas until it looks like the picture.
- Add wet ingredients (soy milk, oil, maple syrup, and salt).
- Add dry ingredients (flour and baking powder).
- Stir gently (If you overmix the batter, the cake will become dense instead of achieving a fluffy texture).
- Pour the dough into a cake pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 180C/356F.
Here you go! Place the cake on a wire rack and allow it to cool for a while. Then, proceed to cut it into your desired pieces and savor the delightful flavors!
I use a cake pan with a removable bottom, so it's easy to take the cake out. If you don't have it, place parchment paper inside your pan.
You can store these at room temperature for 3 days and in the refrigerator for 5 days. Whether refrigerating or storing in the open, for best results, be sure to use an airtight container. If you don't eat them right away, wrap each piece with plastic wrap and keep them in the freezer for a month.
Have you tried this recipe but want more?
Are you feeling adventurous? If so, why don't you add and mix in some ingredients and have fun? Here are a few ideas for your next experiment!
- Whole Wheat Banana Cake: Change half the flour into whole wheat flour.
- Banana Cacao Cake: Add 1 tablespoon of cacao powder.
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cake: Mix in some chocolate chips.
- Banana Walnut Cake: Mix in some walnuts.
- Banana Cake with Whipped Cream: Decorate the top of the cake with whipped cream.
Thanks For Stopping By!
This delicious banana cake is so good and requires no baking skills or experience. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do!
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog♡. If you’ve tried this recipe (or any other recipe on the blog), please give it a star rating below!
Also, feel free to leave comments if you have any questions. I love hearing from you!
Chef JA Cooks is a Japanese food blog that shares simple and healthy Japanese home cooking recipes including vegan and vegetarian. From traditional Japanese recipes to modern recipes with step-by-step instructions.
More Vegan Dessert Recipes You Might Like
7 Ingredients! Easy Vegan Banana Cake RecipePrint Pin Save Saved!
- 2 Bananas
- 1⅔ c All-purpose flour or Cake flour, 200g/380ml
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Preheat oven: 180C/356F.
- Cut banana: Cut banana into 1cm thickness and put 9 slices aside.
- Mash banana: Mash the rest of the banana in a large mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients: Add A ingredients into the bowl and mix.
- Add dry ingredients: Place a strainer on the bowl, add B ingredients, sift them, and stir gently.
- Pour the dough: Pour the dough into a cake pan and place sliced banana on top.
- Bake: Bake for 35 minutes at 180C/356F.
- Storage: It will last for 3 days at room temperature, 5 days in the fridge, and one month in the freezer (wrap each slice in plastic wrap).
- Substitute: You can substitute soy milk with any milk, such as oat milk and almond milk. You can use oil that doesn't have a strong smell.
- To ensure a fluffy texture, be cautious not to overmix the batter during step 5.
- I use the cake pan with separated bottoms, so it's easy to take the cake out. If you don't have it, place parchment paper inside your pan.
- *US/M conversion doesn't work right for some ingredients, so please refer to the amount inside () for a more accurate amount.