This vegan tofu nugget is tasty, chewy and you will be surprised that it is meatless. Great snacks for both adults and kids!
Do your kids love chicken nuggets? Then they would love this tofu nuggets too! Thanks to tofu, it's fluffy, but you feel the chewy texture which makes you satisfy.
And it's super easy to make. Blend ingredients, form nuggets, and pan-fry them. That's it!
- This recipe is for you if:
- You love love tofu and Japanese food.
- You are looking for tofu recipe for kids.
- You are looking for how to make tofu nuggets.
All right, let me show you how to make these healthy tofu nuggets. If you want to check the recipe, please jump to the recipe card below. Let's get started!
About this recipe
- Japanee style tofu nuggets
- Pan-fried nuggets
- Use food processor
- Easy and simple vegan nuggets
Here are the ingredients (amounts are in the recipe card below).
- Firm tofu
- Cashew nuts
- Panko bread crumbs
- Salt and Pepper
- All-purpose flour
Let me walk you through how to make it step by step. You can also watch this video.
First of all, press tofu to obliterate the extra water. Please refer to " How to press tofu" if you are not sure how to do it.
- A food processor: Put tofu, cashew nuts, panko, salt, and pepper in a food processor.
- Blend: Blend in a food processor until smooth.
- Make a ball: Grab the tofu mixture and roll to make a ball. If the mixture is too soft to form, then add more panko to make it firm.
- Warm a frying pan: Pour plenty of oil into a frying pan and heat over medium heat.
- To the pan: Form the ball into a nugget shape, coat with flour, and place on the pan.
- Pan-fry: Pan fry each side for 2 to 3 minutes until brown.
Here you go! It's fluffy but firm and so good!
The seasoning is mild with only salt and pepper, so please enjoy dipping it in ketchup, BBQ sauce, or your favorite sauce.
If you store it in the fridge, the texture will change over time, so please eat up within the next day.
When freezing, please do it before coating it with flour. Put the formed tofu nuggets in a freezer bag and place them flat in the freezer. It will last for one month.
Yes, you can. But the mixture will be softer so it's better to add more bread crumbs.
Yes, without pressing it will be hard to form as it's too soft. But if you use extra firm tofu, it may not be necessary.
The texture will be different but you can. Bake it at 200C for 15 to 20 minutes without coating with flour.
Thanks for Stopping By
Vegan tofu nuggets is easy healthy snack. Dip it in your favorite sauce and enjoy with your family!
I hope you will love this recipe.
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog♡ If you’ve tried this recipe(or any other recipe on the blog), please give it a star rating below!
Also feel free to leave comments if you have any questions. I love hearing from you!
Chef JA Cooks is a Japanese food blog that shares simple and healthy Japanese home cooking recipes include vegan and vegetarian. From traditional Japanese recipes to modern recipes with step-by-step instructions.
More Tofu Recipes You Might Like
- Vegetarian tofu hambagu
- Fried tofu(atsuage) teriyaki
- Japanese style vegan mapo tofu
- Japanese teriyaki tofu and mushrooms
- Vegan tofu quiche
Japanese Style Vegan Tofu NuggetsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 Firm tofu, 360g
- ⅓ c Cashew nuts, 50g/80ml
- 1 ¼ c Panko, 60g/300ml
- ⅓ teaspoon Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1 tablespoon All-purpose flour
- Oil for cooking
- Press tofu: Press tofu completely to get rid of the extra water.
- Blend: Put tofu, cashew nuts, panko, salt, and pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Form: Form the tofu mixture into nuggets shape by rolling and flattening and coat with flour.
- Pan-fry: Pour plenty of oil into a frying pan and heat over medium heat. Pan-fry each side for 2 to 3 minutes until brown.
- Equipment: Frying pan 22cm/8.7inches, Food processor
- Storage: It will last for one day in the fridge. You can freeze them before coating them with flour. Put the formed tofu nuggets in a freezer bag and place them flat in the freezer. It will last for one month.
- If the tofu mixture is too soft to form, add more panko to make it firm.