Hijiki Seaweed Salad (Japanese side dish)
Hijiki seaweed salad is a classic Japanese side dish. Even if you are new to hijiki seaweed, this is a simple recipe that is savory, tasty, and full of nutrition.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 tablespoon Dried hijiki seaweed
- 1 Carrot
- 2 Aburaage deep-fried tofu (40g)
- 1 tablespoon Oil for cooking
- 200 ml Boiled soybeans 145g
Soak hijiki seaweed: Soak hijiki seaweed in water for more than 5 minutes and drain it.
Cut ingredients: Shred carrot, and cut aburaage into strips.
Stir fry: Add oil to a pot, stir fry carrots, hijiki seaweed, and aburaage over medium heat.
Add seasoning: Add dashi powder, mirin, soy sauce, water, soybeans, and mix lightly.
Simmer: Bring it to a boil, cover and simmer for about 7-10 minutes on low heat.
- Equipment: Staub pot 18cm
- Storage: It will last for 3 days in the fridge and one month in the freezer.
- Substitute: You can substitute soybeans with other beans such as edamame, lentils, and chickpeas.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.9g | Protein: 10.7g | Fat: 11.9g | Sodium: 318mg | Sugar: 6.4g