It's crunchy and yummy, this Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies is super easy recipe that anybody can make. Why don't you enjoy break time with homemade cookies?
This bite-sized cookies looks so plain and simple but it's crunchy and delicious.
How to make it is easy. Just add ingredients in a bowl, mix, shape and bake.
If you help with measuring ingredients, even small children can cook it as it's so simple.
Why don't you mix ingredients, shape the dough, review the finish and so on and enjoy quality time with your child at home?
This recipe is recommended for
- someone who wants to make easy snack with children
- someone who wants to make a simple vegan cookies
- someone who love peanut butter
By the way, this peanut butter cookie is a vegan and most of the snacks recipes in my blog are vegan, so if you're interested, please check out my dessert category.
Ok, let's get started!
Must-Have Baking Tool：SILICONE BAKING MAT
Before we get into how to make cookies, here is one tool that i highly recommend to use for baking.
It is Silicone Baking Mat!
If you place this silicon mat instead of parchment paper, the finish will be completely different. The heat transfers equally and the cookies is baked evenly so it turns out crunchy throughly.
Moreover, it's economical because it can be washed and used repeatedly.
You can also use it when kneading or rolling out the dough as a working space.
If you are interested, there are various sizes, so please check the size of your oven and pick up the one fits
Reference ArticleTHE BEST SILICONE BAKING MATS
Ingredients for Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
Here is the ingredients and all you need is these 6 stuffs.
- Peanut Butter >> I use sweetened peanut butter
- Maple Syrup >> I use Canadian maple syrup for sweetening
- Oil >> I use this taihaku sesame oil which is squeezed raw and no fragrant aroma like regular sesame oil (squeezed after roasting).
- Soy Milk >> I use unadjusted ones(no sugar added)
- Salt >> I use sea salt as it contains more minerals than regular salt and has a mild taste
- Flour >> I use flour produced in Japan as it doesn't include post-harvest
How To Make Peanut Butter Cookies - Step By Step
In this section i will show you how to make peanut butter cookies. First of all, preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Mix ingredients except flour >> Measure ingredients except flour into a mixing bowl and use spatula to mix until smooth
- No chunk like this
- Add flour
- Mix by spatula
- Mix by hand >> In the second half, it is easier to mix by hand to take in the powder attached to the bowl together
- The dough look like this
- Roll out dough >> Roll out dough to about 0.5mm thickness
- Shape and bake >> Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter and place on a parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Bake in preheated 180 C oven for 15 minutes.
Here you go!
Place the cookies on a cooling rack and let them cool completely before putting them in a container. You can store them for about a week at room temperature.
Peanut Butter Cookie Variations
Once you've made this basic peanut butter cookies, let's have some more variations! Here are some ideas.
- Cacao Peanut Butter Cookies : Change 10g of flour into cacao powder
- Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies : Change ¼ of flour into whole wheat flour
- Mix in coconut flakes before baking : The smell will be nice with coconut aroma
- Mix in crushed nuts before baking : The cookies will be even more crunchy
- Dip in the melted chocolate : Melt block of chocolate in a microwave and dip the cookies. This is so yummy!
Thanks for Stopping By...
It's super easy and no complicated steps are needed so hope you will try it at home and enjoy the homemade cookies with your family.
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog♡ If you’ve tried this recipe(or any other recipe on the blog), please give it a star rating below!
Also, feel free to leave comments if you have any questions. I love hearing from you!
More Vegan Dessert Recipes You Might Like
Vegan Peanut Butter CookiesPrint Pin Rate
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Put A into a bowl and mix
- Add cake flour and mix
- Roll the dough to 0.5cm thickness and use cookie cutter or hands to shape
- Bake for 15 minutes in preheated 180 C oven
- You can use plant milk or cow milk instead of soy milk
- I use 3.5cm cookie cutter
- Even if you do not have a cookie cutter, you can easily form it by hands
- If you place a silicone mat instead of a parchment paper, cookies will be more crunchy