This summer vegetable miso soup is a great way to enjoy the summer heat with flavorful and hearty vegetables. You will have a healthy, nutritious soup in 10 minutes with miso and lots of colorful vegetables!
- Cut vegetables: Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces.
- Bring to a boil: Put vegetables, dashi powder, and water in a pot, and bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Simmer: lower the heat and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes until vegetables get tender.
- Add miso paste: Turn off the heat, add miso paste, and stir gently until it dissolves.
- Equipment: Small pot 16 cm (6.3 inches), Miso muddler
- Storage: 3 days in the fridge.
- Substitute: You can substitute dashi powder with other dashi: vegan dashi (shiitake mushroom and kombu), awase dashi (bonito and kombu), niboshi dashi (dried sardine).
- If the taste of the soup is light to you, please add more miso and dashi powder.
- When you warm the soup up, do not over boil miso soup because it loses nutrients and the aroma of miso.
Keywords: summer vegetable miso soup, Japanese miso soup