Are you looking for a fresh, easy way to serve your veggies? You'll be ready for summertime with this summer vegetable bake made from zucchini, tomatoes, and eggplants!
This side dish will be the star of your next summer meal with just five ingredients.
The best thing about summer vegetables is the soup. The umami-rich flavor will flow out when you bake them and it's just so delicious!
I promise you that it's so easy and tastes amazing!
- This recipe is for you if:
- You love summer vegetables.
- You want to know quick and easy vegetable recipe.
- You are looking for simple vegetable casserole recipe.
Let me walk you through the ingredients and the instructions. If you just want to check the recipe, jump to the recipe. Let's get started!
About this recipe
- Simple side dish with summer vegetables
- Only 5 ingredients
- Baking time is 30 minutes
- Vegan, vegetarian recipe
Here are the ingredients (amounts are in the recipe card below).
- Summer vegetables: Zucchini, eggplant, and tomatoes
- Olive oil: I use extra virgin olive oil.
- Salt: I use sea salt.
- Basil leaves: They are put in for added flavor, but they're not necessary.
Let me show you how to make it. You can also watch this recipe video.
First of all, preheat the oven to 180C/356F.
- Slice eggplants, zucchinis, and tomatoes into rounds.
- Put sliced vegetables, olive oil, and salt in a large bowl.
- Toss them.
- Place the sliced vegetables in alternating patterns in a baking dish.
- Bake in the oven at 180C/356F for 30 minutes.
There you go!
Just top with chopped basil pieces (optional) and enjoy the fresh taste of summer in every bite.
It's super hot right from the oven so let the dish cool for some time before serving it on a plate.
The soup from these delicious vegetables is so Yummy! Pour some over the veggies and enjoy yourself.
Store your vegetables in a food container and you'll be able to enjoy them for up to 4 days.
This is my next day's leftover recipe!
Chop the vegetables, place them on a slice of bread, put cheese on the top, and toast it. This would make for a healthy breakfast treat!
This recipe is versatile, so you can make it with many different vegetables. You may also want to try these options:
- Bell peppers
- Baby corns
- Kabocha squash
- Green beans
Thanks For Stopping By
This is a simple and straightforward recipe. Just five minutes to prep and you can let the oven do most of work!
I hope you enjoy the summer with this dish!
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog♡ If you’ve tried this recipe(or any other recipe on the blog), please give it a star rating below!
Also, feel free to leave comments if you have any questions. I love hearing from you!
Chef JA Cooks is a Japanese food blog that shares simple and healthy Japanese home cooking recipes including vegan and vegetarian. From traditional Japanese recipes to modern recipes with step-by-step instructions.
More Recipes You Might Like
- Japanese Corn Chahan (Fride Rice)
- Japanese Corn Rice
- Eggplant Teriyaki
- Cold Udon Noodles
- Easy Ratatouille (Staub Recipe)
Easy Summer Vegetable BakePrint Pin Rate
- 2 Eggplant, medium size
- 2 Zucchini, medium size
- 2 Tomatoes, medium size
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Basil, optional
- Preparation: Slice eggplants, zucchinis, and tomatoes into rounds. Preheat the oven to 180C/356F.
- Add seasoning: Put sliced vegetables, olive oil, and salt in a large bowl and toss.
- Place the vegetables: Place the sliced vegetables in alternating patterns in a baking dish.
- Bake: Bake in the oven at 180C/356F for 30 minutes.
- Topping: Top with small chopped basil (optional).
- Equipment: Baking dish (10"L x 6.5"W x 1.9"H)
- It is easy to stack vegetables if you choose vegetables with the same cross-section.
- Any leftover vegetables which couldn't fit in your baking dish can be used as ingredients for pasta or soup.