If you’re looking for a recipe that’s easy to whip up, try this Spanish Omelet. This five-ingredient dish can easily be made in bulk or as an individual serving with potatoes, onion, eggs, salt, olive oil–the perfect blend of flavor!
This omelet has a fluffy inside with moist potatoes that are sure to please everyone.
It tastes even better when it’s eaten fresh but still great on the second day, too!
It’s perfect for picnics or house parties and can be made in advance so you don’t have to worry about cooking anything last minute.
- This recipe is for you if:
- You love omelet or egg dishes.
- You are looking for an easy spanish omelet recipe.
- You want to learn how to make spanish omlet.
- You are looking for a dinner party recipe
I will show you how to make this easy Spanish omelet. If you want to check the recipe, please jump to the recipe card. Let’s get cooking!
About This Recipe
- Easy and simple Spanish omelet
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Only 5 ingredients
- Recipe variations
Here are the ingredients (amounts are in the recipe card below).
- Olive oil
Only 5 ingredients. No special ingredients are required. I guess you already have these ingredients in your pantry.
Let me walk you through how to make it. You can also watch this video.
- Chop potatoes
- Chop onion
- All ingredients (except eggs) in a frying pan
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes
- 10 minutes later
- Drain the olive oil (Don’t throw it away-we will use it later)
- Beat eggs and add potatoes and onion to make egg mixture
- Warm the frying pan with oil
- Pour the egg mixture, cover and cook for 7 minutes
- 7 minutes later
- Flip it over to a plate
- Cook the other side on low heat
It seems a lot of work but it really isn’t as difficult when you get used to the steps.
Slice it for a single serving and enjoy with ketchup or your favorite sauce if you like extra flavor!
There are many ways to make a great omelet, but simmering the potatoes in olive oil is one of my favorites. This makes them more smooth and tender, so don’t boil them!
I have made this omelet so many times but each time the outcome is different. Please adjust the cook time and heat according to how it looks, which I know for sure can be a challenge because no two are alike!
Also, make sure to pour enough oil in your frying pan before you start cooking, or else they’ll get stuck and not able to turn over (I’ve experienced many times!).
Potato and onion are the most common ingredients, but why don’t you swap out other vegetables or protein and get creative in the kitchen? Here are some ideas:
- Spinach, tomato, and mushrooms
- Green lettuce and broccoli
- Avocado and salmon
- Pasta, or udon noodles
Do you have more ideas? Go ahead and try!
Thanks for stopping by
This simple yet tasty omelet is perfect for your next dinner party. I hope you like the recipe!
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog♡ If you’ve tried this recipe(or any other recipe on the blog), please give it a star rating below!
Also, feel free to leave comments if you have any questions. I love hearing from you!
More Egg Recipes You Might Like
- Canned Mackerel Omelet
- Avocado Omelet
- Natto omelet
- Tamagoyaki – Rolled Egg
- Tuna and Green Onion Tamagoyaki
Spanish OmeletPrint Pin Save
- 3 Potatoes, 400g
- 1/2 Onion, 120g
- 5 Eggs, 250g
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Olive oil, 90g
- Pinch of Salt
- Cut ingredients: Cut potatoes and onion into small pieces.
- Simmer in oil: Put the potatoes, onions, salt, and olive oil in a frying pan. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes on low heat until potatoes become tender.
- Beat eggs: Beat eggs in a bowl, add a pinch of salt, and mix.
- Make egg mixture: Drain the oil in the frying pan, add potatoes and onions to the bowl, and stir.
- Cook: Warm a frying pan, add the drained olive oil, pour the egg mixture, and cover and cook for 7 minutes on medium heat.
- Cook the other side: Flip it over to a plate, put olive oil in the frying pan, put the omelet back in, and cook the other side for 3 to 5 minutes on low heat.
- Equipment: A frying pan 20cm (8inches)
- Storage: It will last for 3 days in the fridge.
- You can use the drained olive oil for cooking, so don’t throw it away.
- Serve with ketchup or your favorite sauce, and enjoy!