This is Japanese corn fried rice seasoned with only salt and pepper, simple seasonal rice dish. It's easy, quick, tasty so everybody will enjoy.
Fried rice is called "Chahan" and it's one of the popular home cook dish because it's so easy to make and quick under 15 minutes.
In the summer, corn is in season, and it's sweet, so juicy and frying with rice is a great idea.
I love it, kids love it so this chahan is one of our family favorite.
Recommend this recipe for
- Someone who love corn
- Someone who wants to make delicious rice for children
- Some who is looking for a simple and quick recipe with corn
Do you wanna give it a try? Let's get started!
About this recipe
- Use fresh corn
- Use Japanese cooked rice
- Season with salt and pepper
- Quick recipe under 15 minutes
Here are the ingredients(amounts is in recipe card below).
- Cooked rice
- Vegetables >> Corn, onion and mitsuba
- Seasoning >> Salt and pepper
We use Japanese short grain rice. You can use other type of rice. After cooking, please let it cool completely.
Mitsuba is Japanese parsley and for topping, so you can substitute it with other parsley or scallions.
Let me walk you through how to make it step by step. You can also watch this video.
- Chop vegetables >> Chop onion and mitsuba
- Prep for corn >> Cut the corn in half, place it vertically and cut the corn off the cob. Be careful as the water in the corn might scatter.
- Fry onion >> Put oil on a frying pan and fry onion on medium heat until tender
- Fry corn >> Add corn and fry for a couple minutes
- Season >> Season with salt and pepper and fry lightly. Please check the taste and tweak
- Fry rice >> Add rice and fry until coated with oil
Finally, serve it on a plate and top with chopped mitsuba.
Here you go！
Enjoy it with salad and miso soup for lunch or dinner! It's also good for bento(lunch box).
Thanks for Stopping By
How did you like it?
The simplest recipe is the best way to enjoy delicious seasonal corns!
I hope you will like the recipe and try making at home.
Thank you for taking time to read my blog♡ If you’ve tried this recipe(or any other recipe on the blog), please give it a star rating below!
Also feel free to leave comments if you have any questions. I love hearing from you!
Chef JA Cooks is a Japanese food blog which share simple and healthy Japanese home cooking recipes include vegan and vegetarian. From traditional Japanese recipes to modern recipes with step by step instructions.
Japanese Corn Fried Rice (Chahan)Print Pin Rate
- Chop onion and mitsuba
- Cut the corn in half, place it vertically and cut the corn off the cob
- Put oil on a frying pan and fry onion on medium heat until tender
- Add corn and fry for a couple minutes
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add rice and fry
- Use fresh corn if it's available.
- If you don't have sesame oil at home, you can use olive oil or cooking oil.
- Use Japanese short-grain rice, but you can use other types of rice too.
- Mitsuba is Japanese parsley, and for topping, so you can substitute it with parsley or scallions.