Natto, udon noodles, and egg, all combined in a bowl make a good meal. If you're interested in natto recipes, this natto udon noodle bowl is easy to start with.
- Chop scallions: Chop scallion into small pieces.
- Make soft-boiled eggs: Boil water in a small pot, turn off the heat, put eggs, and leave for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Make mentsuyu: Put all the mentsuyu ingredients in a pot, bring to a boil, then turn the heat off.
- Boil udon noodles: Boil udon noodles for one minute (if it's frozen udon noodles). Rinse under running water, and drain the water.
- Mix natto: Mix natto, natto sauce, and karashi(Japanese mustard) together.
- Serve: Place udon noodles, natto, scallions, soft boiled egg, shredded nori on a plate, and pour mentsuyu over.
- If your natto doesn't come with the sauce, you can substitute it with soy sauce.
- You can buy mentsuyu at a store.
Keywords: chilled natto udon noodle bowl