Natto chahan is the best way to enjoy natto and rice. It's an easy lunch that you can make in no time at all!
- Preparation: Chop green peppers, mix natto with natto sauce, and beat eggs in a bowl.
- Make egg mixture: Combine the beaten eggs, natto, and green peppers and make an egg mixture.
- Stir fry egg: Pour oil in a frying pan over medium heat, slowly pour the egg mixture, and cook until natto becomes less gooey.
- Rice: Add rice and stir fry.
- Garlic Ginger Soy Sauce: Add garlic ginger soy sauce and stir fry until combined.
Garlic Ginger Soy Sauce
- Mince: Finely mince garlic and ginger with a food processor (or a knife).
- Put in a bottle: Put soy sauce, minced garlic, and ginger in a bottle and stir.
- In the fridge: Keep the bottle in the refrigerator, and you can use it from the next day.
- Equipment: Frying pan 26 cm/10.2 inches, 450ml bottle (for Garlic ginger soy sauce)
- Substitute: Garlic ginger soy sauce needs to be made in advance, so if you want to make this recipe right away, substitute it by mixing soy sauce, grated garlic, and grated ginger.
- Garlic ginger soy sauce will last for 2 to 3 months in the fridge. It's an all-purpose sauce that is great for stir fry, karaage, or marinade for any ingredients.
- See: How to cook Japanese short grain rice
- Leftover rice is perfect for fried rice (will be less mushy). When using the rice, microwave them before adding to a frying pan then you can save cooking time. If you are going to cook rice now, add a little less water to make it hard.
Keywords: natto chahan, fried rice