These napa cabbage rolls are made by wrapping tofu fillings with tender napa cabbage and simmering it. It's hearty and so delicious!
- Napa cabbage: Wrap napa cabbage leaves in cling wrap and heat in the microwave for 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Other vegetables: Cut carrots and shiitake mushrooms into small pieces and heat in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Tofu fillings: Beat an egg in a bowl, add tofu, and mash. Add carrots, shiitake mushrooms, panko, salt, and pepper and mix well to make tofu fillings.
- Wrap: Remove the moisture on napa cabbage with kitchen paper, place the leaves, put the tofu fillings on it, close both ends so that the tofu does not pop out, and roll it.
- Bring it to a boil: Place napa cabbage rolls in a pot, add bouillon, salt, and water and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Simmer: Cover and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Equipment: Staub pot 18cm
- Storage: It will last in the fridge for 3 days.
- Substitute: You can substitute other vegetables with onions, lotus roots, broccoli, shimeji mushrooms, and so on. Also, it would be great to add tomato juice if you are looking for variations.
- If the tofu fillings are not firm enough, add panko gradually to make it more firm.
- You can boil napa cabbage in a pot. If the white stem is hard, it won't be easy to wrap, so heat it until it becomes tender.
Keywords: napa cabbage rolls, vegetarian napa cabbage recipe