This is simple matcha pudding without egg, cream, or gelatin. Modest in sweetness, and you can enjoy the aroma of Japanese green tea!
- Mix ingredients: Add maple syrup, corn starch, agar-agar powder, matcha powder, and 20g of soy milk in a pot, and mix until smooth. Add the remaining soy milk and mix until smooth.
- Bring to a boil: Heat over medium heat and stir until boiling (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Transfer to a container: Strain through a fine strainer and pour into a container.
- Cool: Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Shiratama dango: Mix Shiratamako and water to make a dough, roll it into balls, and put them in boiling water. When they start floating (in a couple of minutes), put them in ice water to cool them.
- Topping: Put shiratama dango and tsubuan on top.
- Equipment: Weck mini jar 80ml/2.7 ounce
- Storage: The pudding and Shiratama dango will last in the fridge for 3 days. Shiratama dango becomes hard when kept in the fridge, so heat them in a microwave before eating.
- Substitute: You can substitute maple syrup with honey or agave syrup.
- When you turn the heat on, it will gradually thicken, so please stir it constantly.
Keywords: Matcha pudding, vegan pudding, Japanese purin