Want a refreshing dessert? Try these kanten fruit jelly. The fresh fruit and smooth texture will be please you and your family for sure.
The perfect way to cool down on a hot day is with these kanten fruit jelly.
It's made from Japanese kanten powder that thickens the juice and it takes only 10 minutes to prepare!
It’s so easy to make these delicious treats for your kids but they'll enjoy them just as much.
- This recipe is for you if:
- You love fruit jelly.
- You want to make kanten jelly.
- You are looking for Japanese fruit jelly recipe.
- You are looking for an easy fruit jelly recipe.
All right, let me show you how to make it. If you want to check the recipe, please jump to the recipe card below. Let's get started!
About this recipe
- Jelly made from kanten
- Use raw fresh fruit
- Easy recipe under 10 minutes
- Use ice cube tray and glass food storage container
Here are the ingredients (amounts are in the recipe card below).
- Kanten: It's a vegan/vegetarian substitute for gelatin which is made from seaweed. You can substitute it with agar-agar powder or gelatin if you can't find it at a store.
- Corn starch: Adding a little corn starch make your jelly a little more thickening. If you don't have any at home then you can omit it.
- Sugar: I use cane sugar in this recipe, but any sugar is ok.
- Fruits: Pick your favorite fresh fruits. In the recipe, I added strawberries, blueberries, melons and pineapples. You can also use canned fruits, but they include lots of sugar and additives so I don't recommend. Fresh fruits tastes much better.
Let me walk you through how to make it step by step. You can also watch this video.
I will use a glass food storage container and ice cube tray to solidify the jelly in this recipe.
- Make jelly (Bring to a boil on medium heat and 1 minute on low heat)
- Cut fruits
- Place in a container (for ice cube tray)
- Place in a container (for glass food storage container)
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (no photo)
These are the ones in the ice cube tray that you can pop out with a spoon. You'll love these for your party because they're bite-sized and easy to eat!
This one is in a glass food storage container. Scoop as much as you want with a spoon, serve in a bowl, and enjoy!
It's also fun to put one serving in a small jar or pour the whole jelly into a cake pan and make a fruit jelly cake. Please enjoy the variety of options.
Thanks for Stopping By
I hope you will enjoy this easy and yummy kanten fruit jelly as much as we do!
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog♡ If you’ve tried this recipe (or any other recipe on the blog), please give it a star rating below!
Also, feel free to leave comments if you have any questions. I love hearing from you!
Chef JA Cooks is a Japanese food blog that shares simple and healthy Japanese home cooking recipes include vegan and vegetarian. From traditional Japanese recipes to modern recipes with step-by-step instructions.
More dessert recipes you might like
- Vegan matcha pound cake
- Vegan matcha pudding
- Vegan purin
- Flourless oatmeal cookies
- Mini souffle cheesecake
How To Make Kanten Fruit JellyPrint Pin Rate
- 1 teaspoon Kanten, 2g
- 2 tablespoon Sugar, 20g
- 2 teaspoon Corn starch, 5g
- 300 ml Water
- Fruit of your choice
- Mix ingredients: Add kanten, sugar, corn starch, and water in a pot, and mix until smooth.
- Make jelly: Bring to a boil on medium heat, then simmer for 1 minute on low heat.
- Cut fruits: Cut the fruits of your choice into small pieces.
- Place in a container: Place the fruit in a container (such as a glass food storage container or ice cube tray) and pour in the jelly.
- Cool: Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.