This is simple frozen banana mango ice cream just in 5 minutes and no ice cream maker is required. All your family would enjoy the treat.
If you don't have an ice cream maker, or if you don't want to use it, why not make an ice cream with frozen bananas?
Just mix all the ingredients in a food processor, and you can have a creamy and rich ice cream.
And this is perfect snack for children.
Recommend this recipe for
- someone who likes homemade ice cream
- someone who wants to make ice cream without a ice cream maker
- someone who likes banana and wants to make easy banana snacks
Ok, let me walk you through how to make it.
Ingredients for Frozen Banana Mango Ice Cream
Only 3 ingredients are required and all of them are available in a convenient store(depend on where you are located though).
- Frozen Banana >> Peel bananas, wrap them one by one (or put them in a freezer bag) and keep them in the freezer more than 2 hours. If possible, a ripe banana with a sugar spot is suitable.
- Frozen Mango >> Use prepackaged frozen mango which is cut into bite-sized pieces. If it is half size or hole size, cut it before use.
- Soy Milk >> Use plain soy milk(no sugar added). Other plant-based milk, or cow milk is ok too.
How To Make Frozen Banana Mango Ice Cream - Step By Step
Now we have all the ingredients, so let's start making it.
- Cut frozen bananas >> Chop into small pieces so that it can be easily blended in a food processor
- Put all the ingredients >> Put chopped bananas, mango and soy milk into a food processor
- Pulse and Blend >> Pulse a couple of times and keep blending until it gets creamy
We love to serve it in a plate and eat it immediately even though it is quite soft.
Otherwise, transfer to a container and freeze for a couple hours.
If you have baby food freezer tray(or something similar), i recommend to use it.
Keeping the ice cream in the freezer for a while will make it hard and a little difficult to scoop sometime. In that case, the freezer tray is handy as it's easy to take out cubes by just pushing the bottom.
Our little boy is trying to make banana mango ice cream. He enjoyed doing it:) You can see how to make the ice cream in this video, so please take a look!
Frozen Banana Mango Ice Cream Variations
This recipe is a combination of mango and banana, but you can enjoy a variety of flavors with other ingredients. Here are the ideas.
- Change mango into blueberry or pineapple
- Add cocoa powder (½ to 1 tsp) to make cocoa banana ice cream
- Add matcha powder (½ to 1 tsp) to make matcha banana ice cream
- If you want more sweetness, add jam, amazake or maple syrup
Thank You For Stopping By...
I introduced how to make frozen banana mango ice cream, I hope you like it.
With frozen bananas, you can make creamy, delicious ice cream in just 5 minutes. Moreover, it is easy to arrange, so why not try it out and find your favorite!
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog♡ If you’ve tried this recipe(or any other recipe on the blog), please give it a star rating below!
Also, feel free to leave comments if you have any questions. I love hearing from you!
Chef JA Cooks is a Japanese food blog that shares simple and healthy Japanese home cooking recipes include vegan and vegetarian. From traditional Japanese recipes to modern recipes with step-by-step instructions.
More Dessert Recipes You Might Like
Frozen Banana Mango Ice CreamPrint Pin Rate
- 2 Bananas, Frozen
- 130 g Mango, Frozen
- ½ cup Soy Milk
- Chop frozen bananas into small pieces so that it can be easily blended in a food processor.
- Put chopped bananas, mango and soy milk into a food processor.
- Pulse a couple of times and keep blending until it gets creamy.
- You can use other plant based milk or cow milk
- You can eat it immediately(quite soft) or after freezing it
- Keeping the ice cream in the freezer for a while will make it hard and a little difficult to scoop sometime. In that case, the baby food freezer tray is handy as it's easy to take out cubes by just pushing the bottom.