This Crunchy Vegan Cacao Cookies goes very well with a hot cup of coffee. Top with chopped walnut then make them even more crunchy.
This crunchy vegan cacao(chocolate) cookies do not require any special tools or skills, just mix the ingredients and bake. It's so easy that anybody can have successful result.
Recommend this recipe for
- someone who love cacao(chocolate) cookies
- someone who want to make crunchy cookies
- someone who is looking for easy cookie recipe
It's good to take a little break with homemade cookies. I hope you will enjoy this recipe.
Let's get started.
Ingredients for Vegan Cacao Cookies
Here are the ingredients for the cookies.
- Flour >> I use cake flour but you can also use all-purpose flour or pastry flour (not bread flour)
- Cacao Powder >> I use unsweetened cacao powder
- Almond Flour >> I use blanched almond flour
- Sugar >> I use beet sugar. You can use any sugar of your choice.
- Oil >> I use taihaku sesame oil(no smell and no color) but you can use other oil
- Soy milk >> I use unadjusted soy milk (no sugar or flavor added)
- Salt >> I use sea salt
- Walnut >> I use plain roasted walnuts(no salt/no flavor)
*These links are from amazon.jp and as an amazon associate, Chef JA Cooks earn from qualifying purchases.
How To Make Vegan Cacao Cookies - Step by Step
You have all the ingredients? ok then, let's make it now.
First, preheat an oven to 180 C.
- Mix liquids >> Put sugar, oil, soy milk and salt in a mixing bowl and mix
- Add dry ingredients >> Add flour, cacao powder, and almond powder and mix
- Shape with cookie cutter >> Roll out the dough to thickness of 0.5cm and cut out shape with cookie cutter then place on a silicone baking mat
- Topping >> Chop walnuts roughly and top on the cookies
- Bake >> Bake in preheated 180 C oven for 15 mins
Please see this recipe below for reference on how to make it.
Reference RecipeVegan Peanut Butter Cookies
After baking, leave it for a while until cool down. Then transfer to a container and store at room temperature for a week.
Thanks for Sopping By
How did you like the recipe?
You see how easy this recipe is, right! Bake them and keep in my kitchen pantry and eat a few pieces a day with a cup of coffee. That's how I enjoy my homemade cookies.
I hope you will enjoy the recipe too.
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog♡ If you’ve tried this recipe(or any other recipe on the blog), please give it a star rating below!
Also, feel free to leave comments if you have any questions. I love hearing from you!
Chef JA Cooks is a Japanese food blog that shares simple and healthy Japanese home cooking recipes include vegan and vegetarian. From traditional Japanese recipes to modern recipes with step-by-step instructions.
More Vegan Dessert Recipes You Might Like
- Matcha Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Matcha Pound Cake
- Vegan Brownie
- Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Vegan Fudge
- Vegan Banana Cake
Crunchy Vegan Cacao CookiesPrint Pin Rate
- 40 g Sugar
- 50 g Oil
- 25 g Soy Milk
- a pinch of salt
- 80 g Cake Flour
- 20 g Cacao powder
- 100 g Almond flour
- 20 g Walnut
- Preheat an oven to 180 C
- Put wet ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix
- Add dry ingredients and mix
- Roll out the dough to thickness of 0.5cm and cut out shape with cookie cutter then place on a silicone baking mat
- Chop walnuts and place them on the cookies
- Bake in preheated 180 C oven for 15mins
- I use 6cm round cookie cutter
- You can substitute soy milk with other plant milk
- Even if you don't have cookie cutter, you can easily shape with your hand
- By using silicone mat, cookies will be more crunchy
- If the baking time is not enough, extend it as you like