These oatmeal chocolate cookies are perfect for when you're craving something crunchy and chocolaty. They don't have any butter, eggs, or flour in them, but they sure will make your day!
- Preheat oven: 180C/356F
- Food processor: Put the dates and oats in a food processor and pulse until the dates get small pieces.
- Melt chocolate: Boil water in a pan, place a bowl of chocolate in it, and melt it in a water bath.
- Mix ingredients: Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them.
- Form: Put the mixture in a measuring spoon, press with a spatula to shape, and place on a silicone mat.
- Bake: Place the silicone mat on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes at 180C/356F.
- Equipment: Food processor, Silicone baking mat, Measuring spoon
- Storage: Transfer to a container and store at room temperature for one week.
- Substitute: I use raw sesame oil, but you can substitute it with coconut oil or other oil. I use couverture chocolate, but an ordinary chocolate bar is fine. If you don't have cocoa powder, you can omit it.
- Step 4: A measuring spoon is just the right size, but you can use your own cookie cutter. The dough sticks to your hands, so it's better to use a spatula to push it in.
- A silicon mat makes cookies more crispy.
- If the dates are dry and hard, soak them in water for about 10 minutes to soften them before use.
Keywords: flourless chocolate oatmeal cookies