Introducing super easy chickpea tomato soup made using tomato juice. It is a hearty soup with plenty of vegetables.
Chickpeas and tomatoes are a good match! A lot of vegetables such as onions, carrots and celery are in it and i hope small children who are not good at vegetables would enjoy this soup.
This recipe is ideal for
- someone who like chickpeas, or tomato soup
- someone who want to make simple, easy and hearty soup
- Children don’t eat much vegetables
Recently my 1 year old daughter recognized vegetables and starts being picky about it. Even so she eats if it is in a soup. The vegetables in the soup seem to be delicious to her.
If you are worried about your child’s is not getting enough vegetables, why not try this soup? Maybe they will eat it good.
I’m gonna show you the ingredients and how to make the soup. So let’s get started.
Ingredients for Chickpea Tomato Soup
Here is the ingredients for the soup
- Vegetables >> Garlic, onion, celery, carrot and parsley
- Cooked Chickpeas >> I prefer to cook dried chickpeas in a pressure cooker but you can use canned chickpea.
- Tomato Juice >> I use 1 pack of tomato juice(200ml)
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
You may think that cooking dried chickpeas seems too much work….but once you understand how then it is a piece of cake.
Rather than cook every time, it’s handy to make a lot and keep it in a freezer.
ReferenceHow to cook with dried chickpeas
How To Cook Chickpea Tomato Soup – Step By Step
We have all the ingredients now so let’s make a soup.
- Cut vegetables >> chop garlic, dice onion, celery, carrot
- Fry the vegetables >> Add olive oil to the pan and fry the garlic over low heat. When the garlic bring nice smell, fry the onions, carrots and celery
- Add seasoning >> Add tomato juice, salt and water, bring to a boil over medium heat, then simmer over low heat for 10 minutes until vegetables become tender
- Add chickpeas >> Add chickpeas, cook for 2-3 minutes, and adjust the taste with salt and pepper
If you are not in a hurry, fry the onions slowly over low heat at step 2 and the soup will be sweeter and more tasty.
With a bread and a salad, it might be a nice breakfast or light lunch. Hope you enjoy it!
Variations and How to Adapt this Recipe
Arranging one recipe is easier than learning new recipes, and here are some idea to increase your list of soup.
- Chickpeas are a good match with eggs, so add a beaten egg and make a chickpea egg soup
- Add potatoes and make a chickpea potato soup.
- If you don’t have a tomato juice, season with consommé cube and make a chickpea consommé soup.
I introduced how to make chickpea tomato soup, I hope you like it.
Thank you for taking time to read my blog♡ If you’ve tried this recipe(or any other recipe on the blog), please give it a star rating below!
Also feel free to leave comments if you have any questions. I love hearing from you!
Chef JA Cooks is a Japanese food blog which share simple and healthy Japanese home cooking recipes include vegan and vegetarian. From traditional Japanese recipes to modern recipes with step by step instructions.
More Soup Recipes You Might Like
Chickpea Tomato SoupPrint Pin Save
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 Onion
- 1/2 Celery
- 1/2 Carrot
- 1 cup Cooked Chickpeas, 150g Cooked Chickpeas
- 1 cup Tomato Juice
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper, to adjust taste
- a little Parsley, for topping
- Chop garlic, dice onion, celery, carrot
- Add olive oil to the pan and fry the garlic over low heat
- When the garlic bring nice smell, fry the onions, carrots and celery
- Add tomato juice, salt and water, bring to a boil over medium heat, then simmer over low heat for 10 minutes until vegetables become tender
- Add chickpeas, cook for 2-3 minutes, and adjust the taste with salt and pepper