In the summer, my mother send us bunch of basil from her little farm and making a basil sauce with them is a my summer regular event. And with homemade basil sauce, i alway make Avocado and Shrimp Basil Pasta.
There is no doubt that these three combinations are delicious to me. Fresh shrimp, creamy avocado, rich aroma of basil, and appetizing garlic. I am getting hungry! This pasta is good not only in taste but also in color. When our friends come visit us, i often serve this and they love it! So this is one of my best hospitality recipes.
By the way, basil is easy to go bad in fridge so it is better to use it asap or store in in freezer. If you happen to have large quantity of basil, i highly recommend to make basil sauce and keep it in freezer. Basil sauce is an excellent item that can be used for pasta and pizza, boiled with vegetables, or grilled with fish etc.
How To Make Avocado and Shrimp Basil Pasta
Let's get started cooking the pasta.
Please check how to make basil sauce here.
I use whiteleg shrimp which is available local grocery store i usually go. (You can use any shrimp you can purchase in your local store) It is thick and chewy so i like use it for pasta even though it is necessary to take off the skin and remove spine.
If you are worried about the fishy smell, use salt and potato starch to rinse well, then wash with water and wipe off the water with kitchen paper then the smell go away.
Stir garlic with plenty of olive oil. Please be careful not to burn garlic. As I mentioned in a post by Asparagus Peperoncino, olive oil has the effect of lowering blood sugar levels. It is thanks to olive oil that a Mediterranean diet that uses plenty of olive oil is said to be good for your health.
I often use penne pasta because I like the texture and easier to mix with sauce, but long pasta can also be good. Just use any pasta you have in your pantry.
Put plenty of water and salt in a pan and boil pasta. Boiled with salt will give the pasta a mild salty taste. And don't throw away the boiled water. The boiled water is thickened with starch from pasta and a little salty so after cooking shrimp, add basil sauce and boiled water to make a sauce.
At the end, add avocado and pasta, adjust the taste with salt and pepper then pasta is ready to eat.
Thank you for reading through the end. If you have any questions, please send me comments in the section below.Print
Avocado & Shrimp Basil Pasta is our favorite green pasta with home made basil sauce. Fresh basils sauce goes well with anything but creamy avocado and delicious shrimp is the best. The aroma of basil makes you hungry. Enjoy!
- 2 Avocado
- 10 Shrimp
- 3 tablespoon Basil sauce
- 1tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 clove Garlic
- 250g Pasta
- 1 teaspoon Salt (for boiling pasta)
- 1 cup Pasta boiled water
- Salt and pepper for adjusting taste
- Peel the shrimp shell off and remove the spine
- Cut avocado into bite-sized
- Chop the garlic
- Put plenty of water and salt in a pan, and when it boils, add pasta and boil according to the package instruction
- Put the frying pan on low heat and add olive oil and garlic
- When the scent of garlic begins, add shrimp and stir fry on medium heat
- Once the shrimp is almost cooked, add the basil sauce and boiled pasta water and shake the frying pan to thicken the sauce
- Add avocado and pasta, mix the whole, and season with salt and pepper to adjust the taste
- If you are worried about the fishy smell of shrimp, add potato starch and salt, massage it, then wipe it off with kitchen paper
- Pasta goes well with both penne and long pasta
- After adding avocado, mix gently not to smash them
Keywords: avocado, shrimp, basil, pasta