Amazake is a traditional Japanese fermented drink. It's sweet, healthy, nutrient-rich, and boosts your energy level.
- 200g Rice Koji
- 2 cups Water (400g/400ml)
- Massage it to separate rice grains before opening the package and put them in a yogurt maker container.
- Boil water: Pour some water into a small pot, heat it to 63C-65C (145F-149F) by using a thermometer.
- Mix water and rice koji: Pour water into the container and mix well with rice koji.
- Start fermentation: Set your yogurt maker at 60C(140F) for 6 hours, put the container in it, and start fermentation.
- Storage: Transfer in a bottle and keep it in the fridge.
- Equipment: TANICA Yogurutia for fermentation, TANITA Digital Thermometer for checking the temperature, and a glass jar.
- Storage: It will last for 7 to 10 days in the fridge and one month in the freezer. Fermentation continues in the fridge, so please drink it before it becomes sour.
- 1 serving is 100ml.
Keywords: amazake, amazake recipes, how to make amazake